The Franchise King®
Joel Libava, known as The Franchise King®, has been called a brutally honest, mostly non-politically correct entrepreneur, who’s hyper-focused on teaching people how to become wildly
successful in franchising, and not lose their money.
Aside from his award-winning blog, TheFranchiseKing.com, Joel’s written articles on franchising for websites like Small Business Trends, Open Forum by American Express, SBA.gov, and AllBusiness.com. He’s also done interviews and written articles for media outlets like Fox Business News, Entrepreneur Magazine, Smart Money Magazine, The Street.com, and
Joel’s book, Become a Franchise Owner! The Start-Up Guide to Lowering Risk, Making Money, and Owning What You Do, was just released and has 5 stars on Amazon.
During our 44-minute conversation on Franchising, we cover:
- Joel’s attitude toward modern franchising, and the reasons why most people in the industry don’t want (and are scared) to hear it
- The one question you should ask yourself before considering opening a franchised business
- Why job security is really a myth, and why you should always consider yourself a “free agent”
- The 3 characteristics of a superior franchise owner
- What “Discovery Day” means, and the one thing you always have to do before you go
- How to evaluate a management team
- The secret to avoiding “brick and mortar” build-out costs
- A breakdown of average costs when opening a franchised business, and where you can save thousands in cash
Resources and Follow-Up
Joel’s Book on Amazon: